If you’re eating low carb like me, you may be missing hummus. Here’s the flavours I miss without the carbs I don’t need.
Yield: Serves 2
Prep: 8 Minutes
Cook time: 25 Minutes
Cool: 10 Minutes
- 4 cups Cauliflower florets
- 2-3 garlic cloves (depending on taste
- 4 tbl olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Dash of cayenne
- 2 tbl tahini, well stirred
- 1 tbl fresh lemon juice
- 6 large butter or bibb lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup seeded and chopped tomato
- ¼ cup chopped cucumber
- 2 tbl blck olives pitted and chopped
- 2 tbl tahini
- Preheat oven to 400⁰F
- Place the cauliflower and garlic in a medium bowl and drizzle with 2 tbl of olive oil, toss and to coat. Season with salt and cayenne and mix well. Spread evenly over a large rimmed bake sheet
- Roast 10 minutes, stir and roast for 10 to 15 more minutes until cauliflower is tender and just browning. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a food processor or in a deep bowl using a stick blender, add the remaining oil, tahini and lemon juice. Process until smooth. Scraping down sides of food processor or bowl. If the mixture is too thick, drizzle olive oil 1 tsp at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve the hummus in lettuce leaves with tomato, cucumber and olives. Drizzle with tahini. Wrap and enjoy!
Variations: Add cooked chicken, leftover steak or anything else you like. Or enjoy scooped up with cucumbers as a dip.
For a 1 Serving Size (half recipe): Protein: 10 g, Net Carbs: 14 g, Fat: 45 g