These are easy, simple ways to have a hand-held for lunch or a snack. It’s also a great way to use up left over cooked veggies as a lunch.
Yield: 2 Servings
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 40 Minutes
- 2 medium orange or yellow beets (about 3” in diameter, peeled And cut into 1/2 “wedges)
- 3 tbl olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 small shallot cut into julienne wedges
- 8 oz fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 large avocado halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 tbl fresh lime juice
- 1 tbl chopped chives
- 8 large Bib lettuce or Romaine leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425⁰F. In a shallow baking pan, toss together the beet wedges, half the oil, salt & pepper. Spread the mixture on the baking pan and cover with foil. Roast for 30 minutes. Uncover and add the shallots, and asparagus pieces, along with the remaining salt, pepper and oil. Roast uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the avocado, lime juice, chives. Season with salt and pepper. Mash to desired consistency using a fork.
- To serve, stack the lettuce leaves together and make four stacks of 2 leaves, spoon the roasted veggies and spoon the avocado mix into the centre of the leaves. Fold the corners and roll
Variations: use any of your leftover grilled veggies like, peppers, mushrooms or zucchini or all together
For a Serving Size of 2 wraps. Protein: 3 g, Net Carbs: 9 g, Fat: 32 g